Tuesday, August 5, 2008

6 Weeks Already?

WOW...we're already in our sixth week! Our first doctor appointment isn't until 8/14 and that's just an orientation. Our first opportunity for an ultra-sound to see what's happening inside won't be until our eighth week, but according to all the books and articles we've read the little one is already starting to develop a heartbeat! Can you believe it? A tiny little embryo less than 1 gram and 1/8th of an inch (that's about as big as a mini chocolate chip or cupcake sprinkle) is already starting to pump blood and the umbilical cord has started to develop. This is absolutely amazing to me. Except for being more tired and having sore boobs, H has been the same as she was before she was preggers. So far there's no sign of morning sickness and she's been reasonably mellow, which is an improvement from last week and the week before. I was starting to wonder if I was going to survive a whole nine months.

I think our biggest adjustment so far has been exercise. Having been heavily active prior to the pregnancy, I think H is mourning over the fact that she's stuck walking or doing light activities at the gym. I know that I miss my workout buddy already! Of course I have Maggie, but that's not the same. H and I were always doing some sort of activity that pushed our bodies to new levels. And to be honest, I need exercise now more than ever. I typically have to push myself to my outer limits on a regular basis for my mind and spirit to remain balanced. If I don't, all those toxins from either negative energy or stress have a field-day inside and start causing havoc. Taking a nice two mile walk with the dogs just doesn't cut it, unless it's after a 6-8 mile run in hill country. I know we'll work it out and it's not like I can't do those things on my own...it's just I miss racing around on some hill with H nipping at my heals pushing me to go harder.

Well, I'd better wrap things up...H is downstairs starting on dinner. The sounds of the pots and pans clanking around is starting to get louder, so that's my queue that I need to get my butt down there and help out.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Pufferfish said...

Wow, the time flies. Six Weeks?!
If you lived here I'd totally have you doing the Madonna workout with me:)
I'm so glad that someone else is blogging about working out!

August 6, 2008 at 5:35 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home