Monday, October 6, 2008

Moving & Moving Forward

We are here, alive, and I can say honestly that we are doing well. It has been an emotional journey since the miscarriage. Both H and I have dealt with our grief differently, but we are slowly healing. So much has happened that we really should have blogged about. In fact, some of it was very blog worthy, but we’ve found it difficult to write about how we feel when we need it the most. The buying of “the house” process has been fairly painless to date. Outside of the grief we are getting from our current landlord, the whole process has been completely in alignment. We should close sometime this week. There are so many incredible stories to tell in between the time we made the commitment to find our first house and finally getting the keys, but those will have to come another time. I will say that this has never felt more right. Both H and I believe that everything happens for a reason. I realize that statement is pretty vague, but if it hadn’t been for the miscarriage I wouldn’t be sitting here this morning writing about our new home; a place where our future baby will grow up. There will be a future baby; we will try again, but we just don’t know when. We are still both very emotionally cautious, but we are not giving up.

I really should start getting ready for work. We are alive, we are healing, we are moving past this, and we are looking forward to making new memories in our new home. Let’s hope we get the keys by Thursday. This should be the last time we move for a long, long time!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the house!I hope it brings you much peace and joy.

October 6, 2008 at 12:24 PM  
Blogger Pufferfish said...

I'm so happy to hear that you're 'back' and sounding healed. I've been thinking about you two quite a bit and wondering how you were doing.
Congratulations on buying a house!! That news is very exciting and I'm sure it's helped to focus on something else for awhile.
How's the running going?

October 7, 2008 at 12:11 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home