Friday, June 20, 2008

Possessed GPS

The Gar.min is either possessed or I should sign up for the Beijing Olympics immediately. According to the Gar.min, I logged 5 miles in 35 minutes, which translates to about 5:11 per mile. That amazing considering I've constantly been a 10-minute gal (keep your mind out of the gutter!) for most of my life. My personal best was a 7:30 about a year ago and it only happened once or twice.

Lately, the Gar.min has been "acting up". There are days when it takes a lifetime to find a satellite signal, days it won't find one at all, or days it looses the signal mid-run. On this particular day, the damn thing was constantly loosing its signal and then it would recalibrate to try and make up the difference. That must be one hell of an algorithm to pinpoint the deltas between where you were when it lost the signal and where you currently are when it picked it up again, not to mention recalculating your pace and time traveled...please! I'd rather it just dropped the signal and not bother. I've had the Gar.min for over two years...I guess it's on it's last legs. It might be time to upgrade, but I'll certainly miss my tried and true companion!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home