Monday, June 30, 2008

Baby Maple

When my sister was visiting, I wanted to do something special to celebrate the beginning of our journey into a the new world of motherhood. So, we planted a Japanese Maple tree (Bloodgood) in honor of baby X. It's such a powerful symbol for us on our journey. It reminds me how to grow we need nurturing, care and some pruning from time to time. We spend time pruning away parts of us that are no longer enhancing our lives. We use this as an opportunity to grow from our past experiences and to continue to enrich our lives, our hearts, our dreams.



The tree's shape reminds me that we each have unique gifts, branching out beautifully in many directions. Our beauty is also enhanced when we follow the way Mother Nature intended-- with a little pruning to keep us moving upward and outward. Like many aspects of nature, we can't always do things alone, but we must be very cautious about whom we allow to tend our garden…actualizing our lives depends on this. We also need to remain firmly grounded in ourselves.

Okay, okay...I'll stop being sappy! I'm just really glad we did this! I have a daily reminder of how beautiful life's challenges can be and how far we have yet to travel on our journey. Maybe someday Baby X will be touched by this story.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Pufferfish said...

That's quite sweet and I love all of the analogies.
Sigh, we don't even have a balcony for a plant let alone a deck for a tree. I'll just have to think about yours.

July 1, 2008 at 8:01 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home